There are many ways to enhance spiritual experiences: incense, cannabis, crystals, even food. But if you find that chronic pain is getting in the way of your spiritual progress, kratom may be able to help get you on the right path. Opiates can wreak havoc on your spiritual side, and kratom can help you get clean, as well as feel more energized than you have in years. Here are some of the most important psychological and spiritual benefits of this powerful herb.
Kratom Fights Opiate Addiction
Many people who have an opiate addiction describe their experience as feeling like they are a slave to their drug of choice, and opiates are known to cause severe physical withdrawal symptoms. Luckily, kratom can allow people who are addicted to opiates to stop using them without suffering severe physical withdrawal symptoms.
Withdrawal symptoms from kratom tend to be mild, and this means that you can stop using opiate-like substances altogether if you choose to. Kratom has been used by traditional cultures for centuries, and it has caused little to no side effects.
Source: Alta Mira Recovery
Kratom is Used as an Entheogen
An entheogen is any substance that is used to enhance spirituality, and kratom has been used for this purpose in some cultures. Because kratom can have a relaxant effect, it can help put you in a better state of mind. While it is not a psychedelic substance, it can create dreamlike closed-eye visual imagery that is similar to what is experienced by people under the influence of opiates but without the potential for severe physical withdrawal symptoms.
The collective unconscious is within all of us, and it connects us to those around us and the world at large. The entheogenic properties of kratom can allow us to access this state of mind, and as a result, it’s possible to become more in touch with various inner archetypes that can be beneficial for various aspects of your life.
Additionally, there are a variety of reasons why kratom can be beneficial for mental health as well, but one of the most important ones is the substance’s relaxant effects. In addition, it can promote a more optimistic state of mind, and some people feel that it enhances their creativity. Specifically, kratom stimulates creativity, which can help those who feel stuck in a desperate situation and wish to change their point of view.
Source: The Third Wave
People Often Use Kratom for Meditation
While opiates can cause strong physical and mental sensations that can cloud the mind, kratom tends to produce a more mellow, concentrated effect that is ideal for meditation. Here are some of the psychological and spiritual benefits of reaching a deep meditative state with kratom:
- You may find that you tend to remain in a calmer state of mind all the time, and ordinary stressors may not bother you as much anymore.
- If you are meditating after taking kratom, you may find that your mind easily drifts into a dreamlike state of consciousness.
Source: Psychic 2 Tarot
Improved Physical Health Can Lead to Spiritual Gains
By avoiding the many health problems that opiates can cause, switching to kratom can also benefit your spiritual self:
- Not only can opiates cause physical health problems but they can also cause psychological deterioration. Chronic use of opiates can cause depression over time that users attempt to relieve by taking more opiates, which ends up being a losing battle.
- Opiates are known to cause cognitive deterioration for some individuals, and this can cause you to stray far away from a spiritual path.
Opiate overdoses are extremely common, but the risk of a kratom overdose is comparatively low. As a result of the low risk of a kratom overdose, the recommended dosage of kratom is anywhere between 2 and 15 grams of kratom. While the reduced risk of overdose is one reason why kratom dosages are highly variable, another reason is that the amount of alkaloids varies considerably from one batch of the herb to another. The flexibility in dosage means that you’ll be able to get a dose of kratom that’s right for you, and this will be beneficial for your spiritual self.
Drug-induced psychosis can throw one’s spiritual self into a state of complete chaos, and it can place the sufferer in physical danger as well. While kratom is not officially recognized as a treatment for psychosis, the calming properties of the herb have appeared to be effective for some individuals which especially depends on the amount of kratom they take (as well as the strain).
Types of Kratom
There are several different strains of kratom, and each of them produces a unique effect. The fact that you can choose from different types of the herb means that you can find the strain that is right for your spiritual self. Here are the strains you can choose from and what you need to know about them:
- Red vein kratom: Most red vein strains of kratom tend to be fairly sedating, and this makes them good for sleep or pain relief. However, there are a few noteworthy strains of kratom that tend to have stimulating effects.
- Green vein kratom: Green vein kratom tends to feature a combination of kratom’s various benefits, and it tends to be both relaxing and stimulating.
- White vein kratom: White vein kratom tends to be energizing and produces a more substantial mood lift than other strains of kratom. Many people feel that it enhances concentration for a wide range of tasks.
- Kratom extracts: Kratom extracts are much more powerful than any strain of kratom, and that’s because they contain a highly concentrated form of the alkaloids in the herb.
Kratom has many benefits, from helping opiate addicts find freedom to helping aspiring spiritualists reach their goals. If you decide to switch from opiates to kratom, you’re likely to find that your spiritual life benefits greatly. Freed from the pain that has tied you down, kratom opens your mind to profound spiritual experiences that can help you find peace and answers.